Hiding In Your Cupboard

Hiding In Your Cupboard
Banksy's desecration of the Palestinian wall

Monday 10 March 2008

Catholic Church Raises the bar

So the Catholic Church has revamped the Seven Deadly sins - to fit in with a modern world. They are now:


Environmental pollution
Genetic manipulation
Accumulating excessive wealth
Inflicting poverty
Drug trafficking and consumption
Morally debatable experiments
Violation of fundamental rights of human nature

Great. I will no longer burn in the fires of hell once I die. These mortal sins are surely harder to acheive than the previous set....

Pride
Envy
Gluttony
Lust
Anger
Greed
Sloth

which were worryingly easy to fall for. Unless of course they are running side by side and greed is somehow equated with a "violation of the fundemental rights of human nature". Kids who have eaten one too many bowls of ice cream will be next in the queue to Pol Pot and the like under this system.

Its also nice to see the Catholic Church conecerned about Human Rights and the obscenely wealthy. Black pot looking for similarly shaded kettle springs to mind.

james

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post James, certainly a case of pots and kettles!

What I'm wondering though is will Hell's pizzas be naming any gourmet pizzas "Environmental pollution", "Morally debatable experiments" or "Accumulating excessive wealth"? I wouldn't mind trying "Inflicting poverty"!

I suppose I'm going to have to get rid of my genetic engineering science mega-fun play set that I got for christmas, if I want to make it through the pearly gates!

See ya,
Paul